Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun Winter Stuff anf My 25 Random Things List

My brother-in-law, Kevin, and I went to Mt Brighton on Friday for a snowboarding lesson for him. It was about 35 and sunny the entire day with no wind at all. Absolutely perfect snowboarding day. I had so much energy, I could have gone all day long.

At the top of the hill with my snowboard. It's 10 years old, but I still love it.

Then, on Saturday it must have gotten up to 45 to 50 degrees. Kevin and I made the perfect snowman in our back yard.

Look at this guy. Isn't he so cute?

The snow was so heavy because it was melting so fast. It was hard building him, but we managed to make him perfect. He's completely symmetrical.

So, we went to Bordines nursery to return my lemon tree that didn't make it. We bought a few plants with my store credit and came back home a couple hours later. This is what our snowman looked like when we came back. Even Chloe came out to see him and take a walk in the snow.

He was melting fast. and leaning a lot.


About 2 hours after he was born, he collapsed on the lawn. : (

I Love winter!

Change the subject:
Here is something everyone is doing on Facebook, which I am a part of. A few friends sent me this list of 25 random things about themselves and asked that I complete one. Well, we all know about my love affair with lists, so of course I started mine. I was about to post it to Facebook, when I learned that I could post my last 25 blog entries there instead and I could have Facebook automatically pull my latest blog entry there. So, I figured I would write my 25 random things about me list in my blog and then my blog entry would be on my Facebook page. Anyway, now all of you get to see my 25 things list too.
Here we go:
1. I was the messiest kid with a very disorganized room when I was younger and now my house is clean all the time and I have everything organized.
2. I’m a BIG sucker for 2 for 1 sales.
3. I love sitting with my really soft blanket with my kitty, Chloe by the fireplace. I also love winter unlike so many people.
4. I grew my first garden this year with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, zucchini and so much more. The garden could not have turned out better. I amazed myself.
5. I play chase with my cat and she sometimes scares me to the point where I scream (Okay a lot of the time). It's a daily thing.
6. I have a lime tree in my house and I pick limes from it but I never end up using them. I killed my lemon tree, but I’ll try again this summer.
7. My first job was working at Mesquite Creek in Clarkston MI. Then I worked at Rams Horn and then Joe Balognas. Up at Michigan State I worked at the Roadhouse. I waited tables for all my jobs until I was done with college.
8. When I was a kid I always wanted to be a hair stylist and a cheerleader. By the time the opportunities came up I had changed my mind.
9. I broke my right wrist snowboarding at Pine Knob, when I was going to hit a 20ft tabletop jump and I swerved not to hit a patch of ice. My friend Kara was with me.
10. I went to Central Michigan wanting to become a doctor. I did great and got a 3.8, but decided to go into business and I transferred to Michigan State after 2 years.
11. I do have a problem and it’s that I am a shopaholic.
12. I proudly drive a 1996 Honda Accord with 150k plus miles. The power locks don’t work anymore, the passenger window doesn’t work, and it rattles all the time, but still drives very well. It would run perfect if I didn’t get hit a while ago.
13. I actually really enjoy shoveling snow
14. I have three sisters and two brothers. My oldest sister is 31, then I’m 28, my brother is 16 and is adopted from Romania, my other brother is 15, my other sister is 14 and is adopted from Russia, and then I have a little sister who is 3 years old. Yes, I am 25 years older than my sister.
15. I’m planning a huge fundraiser show for breast cancer and Gilda’s Club this September and I am actually the event chair (leader)
16. I have a hard time finishing movies. I’ll watch 90% of the movie and then start picking up around the house or I’ll go on my computer and stop paying attention.
17. I love dancing. Not club dancing, but ballet, tap and jazz dancing.
18. Kevin and I met working at the Roadhouse up at Michigan State together. He was the busboy and I was the waitress. He was the best busboy there and I always tipped him extra. We were friends first and then realized there was an attraction.
19. If I could change ANYTHING about my house I would build a walk in closet for myself.
20. I honestly believe my life is a million times better after I was diagnosed with cancer. It’s more meaningful and I am just way more happy. Not because the diagnosis made me happy, but because it pushed me to work on myself in so many ways. It also made me stop worrying about what other people think so much. Just live your life and do what makes you happy you know??
21. In the past 6 months I have flown back and forth to Houston, for the clinical trial I am on, 11 times.
22. I have 20 total plants in the house (26 when I am growing wheatgrass and sprouts). I try to keep lots of oxygen and life in my house.
23. Of the plants I have in the house, 7 of them I can eat. Lime, 2 rosemary, dill, 2 aloe, and mint. Not that I actually eat them, but I could. Of course I juice the sprouts and wheatgrass too.
24. I have been to so many concerts in my life growing up. Page and Plant (twice), The Eagles, Billy Joel and Elton John, Coldplay (twice), Jack Johnson (at least 4 times), Metallica (7 times), Red Hot Chili Peppers (twice), Kid Rock (twice), Oasis, Snoop Dog (twice), Eminen (twice), Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Pantera, Jason Mraz, Cypress Hill, Dave Matthews, Woodstock 1998, Steve Miller Band (every summer), Tom Petty (twice), Ludacris, Counting Crowes, Pearl Jam, Black Crowes, ….the list goes on and on and on and on but I can't think of them all (Benefit of living close to Pine Knob)
25. I freaking love my husband, Kevin, and I think he is such a hottie. He’s also what I call my life coach. I go to him for all my advice.
26. I own at least 40 different colored bandanas and 6 wigs.
27. I always go over my commitment on a list. If I say I’ll write 100, I’ll do 101. Same thing goes with push-ups.
28. My heart would break if I ever see an animal mistreated.
So, it was really my 28 things list.
Lastly, a special treat for all of you. Here is the video I took of Kevin snowboarding after I gave him my lesson. He started off only going on his back edge of the board the whole way down, but a couple hours later we was carving all the way down the hill. I was snowboarding behind him video taping. Press play to watch.

I LOVE winter and am sad that it is getting closer to being over. Spring is super sweet too and then I can start getting ready for my garden.
I hope to get up to Boyne Mountain before the end of winter so I can snowboard on a nice big hill for a couple days.
Lots of love and 35 degree sunny, snowy days.
Have fun! Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your random stuff for all us who haven't joined facebook. But even so I'm still your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman pictures. They are hillarious. I was a few blog entries behind, but I am glad to catch up on everything. I think that it has been way to long. Let me know if you want to get together next Saturday (the 21st) for brunch or shopping.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete

darker pink dots