Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bras for a Cause - Tickets on Sale Today!!!

http://www.brasforacausemichigan.com/

Check out our latest Art Bra made by Johs from Brown Dog Welding (who will also be selling art at the show). This bra is amazing.
To say I have been busy would be an understatement. I have been planning and recruiting and calling and emailing and selling and organizing and sewing all for the big fundraiser we are holding for Gilda's Club Metro Detroit. The event is called Bras for a Cause (as you can see with our super cool logo)

I've poured my heart and soul into this event. It means so much to me since Gilda's Club has been a place of support to me since I moved back to Michigan re diagnosed with stage IV cancer, completely bald, in the middle of chemotherapy and all alone with no other survivor friends. I was able to walk into Gilda's Club and see a bunch of faces who understood what it was like to be in my shoes. Their services are completely free to all members, and they rely on people like us to be generous to keep them going.

Here are the event specifics:

Bras for a Cause benefiting Gildas Glub

Royal Oak Music Theatre ***TICKETS ON SALE TODAY 3p.m.***

Saturday September 12th 6-10pm
Art bra fashion show (with survivor models)/silent and live auction/food/drinks/music and fun

Hosted by Dave Coulier of Full House
TICKETS ONLY $35 ($40 DAY OF EVENT)
Tickets available from any consignment seller or from the Royal Oak Music Theatre box office
http://www.romtlive.com/
800-919-6272
318 West 4th Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067

Consignment sellers:
(****ALL TICKETS PURCHASED FROM CONSIGNMENT SELLERS OR PHYSICALLY AT THE BOX OFFICE AVOID ALL SERVICE CHARGES****)
Gilda's Club Metro Detroit
3517 Rochester Rd
Royal Oak, MI 48073
248-577-0800

A Woman's Image
43273 Garfield Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48038
586-286-1277

Individual Consignment sellers:
Shannon Watson
Kevin Watson
Sara Angelini
Catie Hormel
Nancy Armstrong
Edie Watson
Alyson Thrift
Karen Coulier
Join us on Facebook Facebook Group:
Facebook Event: (To RSVP for event)

This is my MSU bra I created. I am hoping some U0fM grad takes it upon themselves to make a UofM art bra. We shall see.

My old manager, Mark Engelhardt made this Spartan Head made of copper. MSU is representing in this Art Bra Show.

Hope to see you all there!!!!!! I'll be speaking up on stage. That might be worth the ticket itself.

Shannon : )

Kevin and I are going to London and Dublin soon. Soooo excited. We leave August 6th!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots