Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Married to Kevin for 2 years

A little birdie told me I was WAY overdue for a blog. The birdie was right. Sorry I have been M.I.A. everyone.

I think everyone should buy bulbs in the fall and watch flowers like these come up in the summer for a beautiful surprise. I was so excited when these bloomed.

Kevin and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past Monday July 6th. 2 years married already!! It's been an incredible two years jam packed with adventures. Our marriage has been tested, tried, and celebrated. We have grown ever stronger through the good times and the bad......I'm leading into a trip down memory lane...........

Over our two years of marriage (NOT IN ORDER):
I've done a combined 18 month of chemotherapy (9 months of Taxol, 3 months of Xeloda, and 6 months of the clinical trial on the Parp Inhibitor flying back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston every month)
I've now done 4 months of hormone therapy
I had my port put in (right after the honeymoon)
And then I had the infected port removed that was the worst infected port my surgeon has ever seen who surgically removes them for a living.
I let Kevin fill the flaming red infected wound with gauze. I think that was enough to test our marriage alone.
On to better memories; we went to a honeymoon in St Lucia, New Orleans twice, Chicago Twice, Boyne Mountain, Cedar Point, the Grand Canyon, Sedona and other beautiful places in Arizona
We sold our house in Austin
We moved to Michigan into an absolutely beautiful house
Had a nephew and niece born
I completed the 3 week course at Hippocrates Health Institute
I passed my two year since diagnosis mark
We went skydiving
My Honda Died
We got a new JEEP Liberty
We realized that we are crazy about the card game UNO and we love UNO tournaments
We got through the tragic death of my grandfather
Kevin won a trip to Ireland and we added on a 5 day stay to London (going this August)
We've been planning a HUGE fundraiser for Gilda's Club (more info coming soon)
We finally got an HDTV and had a T.V. tech upgrade (then we bought another HDTV)
I built a beautiful relaxing garden.

Oh, we have done a lot. I love Kevin more today than I did yesterday. We had an incredible anniversary day. We rode our bikes up to Spencer park and went swimming in the lake. The lake was warm and clean. The scene there was beautiful. Then we got home and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Yep, that's how much Kevin loves me. He watches Harry Potter movies with me. He knows how excited I am for the 6th movie to come out. Kevin knows me and loves me exactly as I am (including all my baggage and mental issues). I love him unconditionally as well. I am proud to say he is my husband.

Anyway, I'll leave you all with a health update for myself. My blood test this past month went up some. That's not good, but my doctor wasn't worried because it wasn't that high. I do have a PET scan tomorrow and naturally I am having aches and pains all over my body. I honestly have forgotten what it is like to have aches and pains on your body and not conclude that it could be a tumor growing somewhere. Sad huh? I'm hoping it's my nerves though. I really hate getting PET scans. You can't hide anything from them. If there is active cancer, the PET scan will find it and expose you.

Wish me luck and I'll be blogging again soon
Lots of love
Shannon

I realized while putting pictures on this post that we don't have many pictures of the two of us that are recent. That will be my goal for the next month.

Of course I took a Chloe picture. Here, she's about to try and jump through the screen to get a bird.
Here is Kevin, my little sister Paige and Chloe relaxing.
Okay, bye
























2 comments:

  1. Shannon SchaefferJuly 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM

    Congrats on your anniversary! Kevin sounds like an amazing guy. And I'm sending some good vibes your way today for your scan.

    LOVE your blog and look forward to reading it!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our first the day before you! Congratulations on the beautiful relationship you and Kevin have developed!

    Good luck at our appointment tomorrow - I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

    I hear you will love Ireland! We went to London in April and it was fabulous. You should connect with Conor and his wife, they are living over there still and really know there way around!

    Thanks for the updates, I look forward to reading your blog!
    Have a good day - Amanda

    ReplyDelete

darker pink dots