Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Raided My Closet of Products

THURSDAY, JUNE 05, 2008 09:58 AM

Here are just some of the products I cleaned out of my closets. I got rid of a bunch before I could do the group picture.

Yesterday I went to Target and got all new shampoo, conditioner, face scrub, lotion, hair gel (because it's getting long enough to style), sunscreen and lip stuff. I have to say I like Burts Bees the best as far as smells go. Love the pomegranate shampoo and conditioner, and the aloe and buttermilk lotion. I got Alba face scrub which I also think works great and smells great too. Goivanni had some great scents also. The hair gel smells great. As you can tell I was in the aisle sniffing stuff for over 30 minutes.

Then, I went home to raid what was left in my closets. I for the most part don't use the old products but I couldn't throw them away. I learned about parabens at Hippocrates. This is one of the toxic preservatives added to all cosmetic products so they last forever on the shelf. Recently, parabens have gotten a lot of press because they have been found in most women's breast cancer tumors and have been proven to mimic estrogen in the body (which causes breast cancer to grow). Basically every not natural product I had contained at least one form of paraben and most had two. Holy crap. It is amazing when you read the back of the labels at the ingredients.

I have a huge bag of stuff I don't know what to do with. What do I do with all these crappy products? I know a lot of people still use them, but I don't want to give them to people. Then again, if I totaled up all the money I spent on these products I paid hundreds of dollars for all these parabens and other toxins to be put on my body.
But anyway, I now have these new wonderful products that smell great and I feel really good about using them.

What a wings game last night huh? We went to my friend Jodie and Bob's house to watch the game. My heart stopped at that last second when the Penguins almost scored. Wings won the Cup!! Yeah!! I hope to go to the parade on Friday.

Okay, so that stupid blood test that I get went up which is not good. It didn't go up a lot, but enough to put everyone on edge and now I think everyone wants me to start chemo. Everyone but me. I say screw it and I'm keeping with this plan for a couple more months and unless things go really wrong I am sticking with the treatment I am on. The blood test went from 111 to 120 to 139. I got the test every month. These are not huge changes, but it's not the right direction. I'm trying not to let it get me down and I'll just get a little more serious about my nutrition and health plan.

I think I am buying an infrared sauna soon. Yes, this is a huge expense, but it is a major part in my detox/healing. I'll do a lesson on infrared saunas too.

If you want to do a little more research on your own, look up a couple things. Do a google search on parabens and read the top 5 links. Do another search on infrared saunas and see what they do for you.

The next Hippocrates lesson will be on Organic food. Brace yourself and only read it if you are ready to start buying mostly organic produce. Then, I will take the next lesson a little lighter and I will be telling you all about some natural remedies/solutions I learned about. This info is really cool and useful. You'll love it.

Okay, I am delaying because I have to file for social security disability (in case things go south and I have to start some nasty treatment again), then I have to change my name get a new drivers license and get my Michigan registration. Sounds like fun huh?? Anyone want to trade today? I did get married almost a year ago and I moved about 7 months ago. I've delayed long enough.

Anyway, I'll talk to you all soon.
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots