Saturday, September 27, 2008

Moving to Michigan Very Soon

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2007 11:07 PM

Here are a couple pics of the goodbye dinner we had for Kevin and me a couple days before he left at our favorite resturant, Z-Tejas, which they just opened a new one walking distance from our house.

Darin, me and Pat Ferguson. (two of my first friends in Austin)

Kevin and all the guys. I'm pretty sure a poker game broke out after this. Clint, Matt, Pat, Aaron, Kevin and Tim.
Older picture of Angela and me on Halloween. I never had a chance to add this earlier because I was putting wedding and other pictures to catch everyone up.



I lied.
I said I wasn't going to write in my journal until I was in Michigan, but I'm still here in Austin at Texas Oncology waiting my turn to get hooked up for chemo one last time.
(I got called in to chemo right after the first two sentences, so the rest of this was written at night.)

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love to spread good news. I cannot contain good news for too long. I got my next CA 2729 results back and it went down to 206. YEAH!!!!! So, a couple weeks ago it was at 249 and then it went up to 263 which got me really scared and upset. But, a week later it went down to 206. (Down is GOOD) So, it still looks like the chemo is working. I'll be more prepared next time I don't get results I like, because I now know it can go up and back down. I didn’t have the test drawn today, so I can leave Austin on a good note and not worry about cancer for a couple weeks.

My friends have been over the past couple nights to help me pack. It helped so much. THANK YOU GUYS. I LOVE YOU. I don't know how I would have gotten everything done if I was still working. I am finally starting to see an end in sight. Mottaghi, Brianna, Michele, Lindsey, Angela, Shannon, Mandy, Rhonda, Jill, Matt, Tim, Lee helped Monday and Tuesday. Today Chuck, Kristin and Cindy came over to help. I also gave them a juicing lesson. I have been juicing a ton and a lot of people have been very interested. It’s a great way to get a ton of nutrients from your veggies all in one drink. So here is the famous recipe. I LOVE this drink and drink it daily. It is very fresh tasting and it is so healthy. I’m hooked on it now, and my day doesn’t feel complete if I don’t drink it.

2 cucumbers (you get a lot of juice from these and this is the base of the juice

Some celery (about 2 stalks)

some broccoli (not too much because it's strong)

some sunflower sprouts (can get a whole foods. These have a nutty flavor)

some kale (I use a lot of kale because you don’t get a lot of juice from it and it’s super healthy) one leaf of white cabbage.


I got this recipe from Kris Carr who wrote Crazy Sexy Cancer and also did the documentary movie. She is a huge inspiration to me. Her recipe doesn’t have white cabbage, but I added it and it works great. If you have a juicer, try it out some time. I also add water to make it go down better at first.


The book to get is called “The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies”. This has 365 recipes. It’s great because it tells you everything in each fruit and vegetable. It also ranks the juices in how good they are for energy, immunity, digestion etc… Some of these juices can be very sugary. Be careful, you don’t want too much sugar. It doesn’t have my awesome recipe in there either, but it really helps give you ideas and also learn what fruits and veggies go good together.

I have to give a big public thank you to Rhande Bryzelak. He bought me my juicer and I am happy to say that I am putting it to good use. Thanks Rhande.

The sun came back out in Austin and it has been in the mid 60s. Nice weather. Now it will be a little tougher to leave. It’s cold in Michigan.

My house is still a mess, but it's not bothering me because I’m getting excited to move.
Okay, I need to go to bed, because tomorrow is my last day in Austin and my mom flys out. I have a lot to do. I’m kind of having an open house tomorrow. My friends wanted to do a happy hour, but I just have too much to do. Please feel free to stop by, say goodbye, get a big hug, and then maybe get some chores to do. Yes, you might get put to work if you come over, but it won’t be much.


Okay Ya’ll. (First time I have ever said ya’ll in Texas) Take care and eat (or drink) your veggies.

Lots of love - Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots