Sunday, September 28, 2008

We Had Our First Rack Pack Meeting

THURSDAY, JULY 10, 2008 07:57 AM

Day two of my juice fast and everything was fine

Kevin is very good with a bow and arrow
We went out on the lake
Kevin and Kevin S. did some risky tubing (okay not really because it was behind a pontoon boat)
Our niece, Lauren, pretended to eat rocks for breakfast


A lot has happened since the digestion post went up.
We went up north to Roger and Edie's cabin last weekend. It was a nice time. We went out on the pontoon boat and we played a lot of Uno (which I dominated by the way. As you can tell I still haven't lost my high regard for myself). I also did the 2 day juice fast. I'll tell you what; the first day is the hardest. After the first day, the hunger goes away and you feel like you could keep going longer. I could have, but I ran out of sprouts (which have the protein that keep you full and energized) I did it though. Yeah me!! Now I will decide if I am going to fast one day a week or maybe 2 days every other week.

We had out first ever Rack Pack meeting (Cancer support group for women in their 20s and 30s). It was successful and I am printing flyers for the group right now. We meet the second Tuesday of every month from 7-8:30 at Gildas Club in Royal Oak.
3517 Rochester Rd, Royal Oak, 48073 (just north of 13 mile). If you know someone under 40 with breast cancer send them our way. I will soon start planning our first fundraiser. It won't be until next year, but it will take a lot to plan it. If anyone knows any artists that would like to sell their stuff or donate some items for auction tell them to contact me. iezzzi@hotmail.com

What else is new??? I have about 80 items on the love list. It was so easy to get 80 I think I might go for 200. We'll see. I want them all to be meaningful to me. I don't want to just start looking at things and saying I love them. I love lamp. (Anchorman reference lol) That would get boring. I think I am out of my mental funk though. Back to being smiley, talkative and happy. We'll see what the next tests show and if I can withstand any iffy news. I get PET scan next week and those are certainly scary tests to go for. Have to remain positive and believe they will turn out fine.

I got to see a good friend, Debi, from Hippocrates who was visiting in Michigan. I also got to meet her wonderful husband and sister, Marty and Pam. They all mountain bike and were planning on going biking on the Paint Creek Trail. I was like "I bike the Paint Creek Trail all the time!!!" So, we all did the 20 mile stretch on the trail and it was a great time. Deb is doing awesome with the Hippocrates diet. Much better than I am. She likes to prepare food and I think that is the difference. I need to enjoy preparing some raw food treats more. She inspired me though. I'm getting a cook book today.

I also got to go to the Tigers game last night with my good friends Todd, Cheese (Jason) and Vanessa. What a game!!! I love being at a game and seeing a walk off homer. We were down 6-1 and came back to tie it. Then it was dark out and the fans completely turned around and Cabrera hit a walk off homer for the game and it was just electric. So much fun.

My garden is doing great. I have tons on banana peppers and bell peppers growing. My tomatoes are ripening. I think I will see squash, zucchini, and cucumbers soon. It is fun having a garden.

Well, I have to go get Avastin infusion. After that I can really start my day. It has been beautiful lately. We go to Chicago to see Jessica and Joe this weekend. I miss them and I'll make sure they get their fill of me while I am there so they won't miss me any more. If not I'll just stay there until they feel they can part with me for a while. : )

What do we want for the next Hippocrates topic?? I think body mind and spirit. Or we can discuss electropolution (EMFs). We could go more towards the diet stuff, but I think people are still digesting the digestion topic. (because they didn't chew 50 times lol) That’s my stupid nutrition joke for the day.

Okay, I'm rambling because I don't want to get ready for infusion, but I have to go. I'll get some new pics up soon.

Talk to you all soon. Enjoy the sun.
Shannon : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots