Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Secret Works: I Believe in the Law of Attraction

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2008 10:34 AM

I used the Secret and won all of these prizes.
I SWEAR THE NEXT ENTRY I WILL FINALLY WRITE FROM AUSTIN

I just want to say I am a believer in The Secret. Last night I went to a Gildas fundraiser held by the young adults group. I bought $20 of raffle tickets. My dad and father in law also bought $20 of tickets.There were a good 75 people at least at this event and about 20 prizes. One prize was a necklace I donated. I said to myself that I was going to win something and I imagined it happening and how good it would feel (like The Secret tells you to do).

I first won 4 tickets to the Komen race and VIP parking. Yeah!! Then, my father in law won 60 days free at a yoga studio for me. Yeah!! As I was going to collect my prizes I spoke with another young cancer chick and joked that I used The Secret to win these. She has the book and she bought some tickets and said she was going to do the same thing I did. The second drawing started and I won dinner for two to a nice place in Royal Oak. Yeah!! As I was going to get my prize, the next name called out was that girl winning her own prize. Then I got back to the table and my dad won a bunch of homeade greeting cards for my stepmother. By the time I won the dinner, people were looking at me like "you've got to be kidding me" the when my dad won they were looking at our table like we were cheating. I was actually starting to feel bad for being so lucky.

Anyway, who knows if it was The Secret or my lucky night. Either way I had a good time and have a lot to show for my $20 in raffle tickets. So excited about the yoga pass. Thank you Roger. Okay, what the hell am I doing writing in my journal. I need to eat, workout, shower, clean, finish packing and get to the airport. By everyone. For real, the next time I write I will be in Austin.

Oh, and I am not saying that The Secret is a good movie. It's actually pretty goofy acting and it's mostly just people talking to the camera. It however is good to learn and apply to your life. The way I see it is it works either way. It teaches you that thinking about good things and feelings and applying it to what you want will get you what you want. Even if you don't get everything you want and you practice it, you will be happy because you are thinking and feeling happy. I think like attracts like, so I think it is a sure thing to work. Why am I still writing? Got to go.

Peace, love and warm weather (and postive thoughts and feelings)

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots