Saturday, September 27, 2008

Running out of Stuff to Write About Concerning Treatment



TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2006 03:28 PM

Roger and Edie (Kevin's parents) came out for a visit. They took a family picture of us.


Chloe took her turn laying in everyone's arms
Then, she tried to squeeze inbetween Edie and the couch
We went to the Oasis and watched the sunset. (Roger, Edie and Kevin)


Hey everyone,


I don't write in my journal as much anymore. Probably because things have calmed down. It's been a long time since my diagnosis and I'm ready to get back to normal. Radiation has been alright. It does make me pretty tired. Certain days are bad. My skin is starting to react to it. I'm wearing really loose shirts, but there's not much I can do except wait for it to be done.
I've had 3 weeks of radiation so far. I cannot wait to be done. My hair is starting to grow back a little. Nothing you would even notice by looking at me, but when you're the bald person, you notice every little strand of hair growing back. I'm sleeping a lot and reading on nutrition and hormones. I still have to decide what I am going to do with some sort of hormone therapy after the radiation.

Kevin's parents came out last week. We had a great time and they kept me company during the day. They got to be here for all the rain Austin has had all year so far. The day after they leave it got beautiful. Today its 80 degrees and I have every window open. Still, they did get one beautiful day (in the picture) and the weather as better than Michigan.

I'm starting to brainstorm what I'm going to do for my party after this is all over (and after a couple weeks of recovery from radiation). I might have something at the Riata pavilion. I'll give everyone the details once I make a firm reservation.

I miss everyone. I'm starting to work out again a little. It's hard because I get winded easily and my skin is all tender from radiation. I cannot wait to get back to normal and feel healthy again.
Well, that's all for now. Wish my life was a little more exciting so I had something interesting to write, but Chloe and I just take it easy.

Bye for now

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots