Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kevin out for a Visit

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 07, 2005 09:46 PM

We got to see my baby sister Paige.

I needed Keving to be with me to keep my spirits up. This picture was before cancer (B.C.) but it is a good demonstration of how happy Kevin makes me. (He is not giving the finger to the camera by the way.)

Hey everyone,
As I always have to say...it's great to hear from everyone. It's also nice to know that there are people out there thinking of me that I don't even know. Thank you for your thoughts. I’m still waiting for something to happen (surgery/test results). The surgery date is getting closer. Feels like it is taking forever. Love the anticipation. Once I have the surgery, the whirlwind into treatment begins. It's coming up soon now.

Kevin came out to visit me this weekend. I had a great time. Didn't notice how much I missed him until he was here. We got to see the Pistons beat the Raptors Saturday night. It was a great time. It was nice to hang out with him and not be worrying about my treatment. Thank you again Chris. You made a lot of people happy this weekend. I also was able to visit with some old friends from back home as well as my family some more. I have a few more days to get myself ready for surgery. I'm signing up at Lifetime Fitness tomorrow. Eating healthy, taking supplements, keeping active etc, etc..

I might decide to not have any family out to our house in Austin for my first Chemo treatment. Might have the friends take turns if I need anything. I figured the first treatment will be the easiest of them all so my friends can have the easier work. Then, I'll start having my family out to help when needed. Soon, Kevin and I will start taking everyone’s offers to help. It's nice to have so many people offering support, but right now I think we're fine.

Other than that, I really don't have anything else to update. I love the messages. Keep them coming.

Shannon : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots