Saturday, September 27, 2008

Who Hoo!! Radiation is OVER!!!

TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2006 10:38 AM

It seems like all me and Chloe do is sleep, sleep, sleep

I love this. She got into Kevin's shorts to take a nap in there.


Hey,

RADIATION is OVER!!!!! I am just enjoying full days of recovery without having an appointment at Texas Oncology. Jessica Davis went with me to my very last appointment. They throw confetti on you for your "graduation" from radiation. I was so happy to leave that place. I actually miss the group of technicians I used to see every day of the week, but I'll live. So, everyone keeps asking me if I am done...... Yes and no. Yes, because I am done with the major cancer treatments. (Surgery, Chemo and radiation) No, because I have an appointment with my medical oncologist soon and we will discuss hormone therapy (because my cancer is estrogen receptive). This won't make me sick or tired. Hormone therapy shouldn't be a big deal, but she is saying I might be on it for 5 years. Who knows? I'm still looking into it.

I am so excited to get back to normal. My energy is slowly coming back. I still am wiped out if I do anything strenuous. My hair is also slow on the progress. It just won't grow. Remember the picture of my mow hawk when I shaved my head? It's still not even that long.

Well, I'm still excited for my Chemo is Over party. Everyone is invited, so email me if you want me to send you the Evite. I'm actually starting to think about returning to work. Did I just say that?? I'll make sure I give myself enough time to recover before I come back. I'm sure they don't want me sleeping on my desk there. Nothing else that exciting. I’m running out of things to say without repeating myself. Chloe is still the cutest cat in the world. She sits on my lap every time I write in my journal. I think she wants to remind me to write something nice about her. I’m so happy I have her to be around during the day. She lets me know that it’s okay to take multiple naps throughout the day.

until next time
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

darker pink dots